NCACC Frank Bonner Scholarship
The 2018 award consists of full payment of registration and associated fees, hotel and all travel expenses to attend the 5-day PRIMA Institute, which takes place Monday, Nov. 5, through Friday, Nov. 9, in Palm Beach, FL. The PRIMA Institute is the premier educational program for both new risk managers and seasoned risk professionals who seek to learn more about emerging trends and best practices. Along with its standing as an innovative educational symposium comprised of fundamental risk management curriculum and outstanding faculty, PI18 also offers an excellent networking opportunity for public entity risk managers.In order to be eligible, applicants must:
- Be employed by a county that participates in the NCACC liability & Property Pool and/or the Workers Compensation Pool
- Be primarily responsible for risk management and/or insurance administration for their county.
As an alternative, an applicant may:
- Submit a written statement that answers the following questions:
- "What areas of risk management would you like to enhance/develop through additional training?" and
- “Why do you believe you should receive this opportunity to further your risk management education?”
- The written statement should include the applicant's full name, job title, and length of time in current position; and should explain what risk management responsibilities their current job description includes and describes in detail their experience acting as the county or entity’s risk manager; and
- Submit a letter of recommendation from their county manager that includes a statement affirming approval of the individual's time away from work to attend the 5-day 2018 PRIMA Institute, Nov. 5-9, 2018, in Palm Beach, Florida.